15 customs to check out the big summer festival Have you heard of these customs？
15 customs to check out the big summer festival Have you heard of these customs?
The summer heat is one of the 24 solar terms. On July 23 this year, it is a big summer festival. The summer heat is coming, the weather is getting the hottest, so everyone knows what to eat in the summer heat season?
What are the customs of the great summer, do you know?
Today, Xiaobian is the custom for you to take stock of the heat: eat “Xiancao”, drink tea, paste three-volt stickers, drink summer sheep. Have you heard of these customs?
Let’s take a look at the following.
Customs of the Great Summer 1. Eat “Xiancao” Many places in Guangdong have the custom of “eat the grass” during the summer heat season.
The folk song said that “the June summer heats the grass, and the life is not as old as the gods”. The grass jelly and the burning grass are also common cool summer products for Xiamen people.
2, drinking tea, tea, as the name suggests, is the tea to drink.
Free tea time is usually from the beginning of June to the end of August.
This kind of tea made from honeysuckle, Prunella vulgaris, licorice and other dozens of Chinese herbal medicines has the effect of cooling and cooling.
In ancient times, there was a custom in rural areas in many places, that is, people in the village would put some tea in the pavilion at the entrance to the village and drink it for free.
3, paste three-volt paste Three-volt paste, is a kind of plaster, such as bank card size, generally four for a group.
In the summer, the head date of the lunar calendar is attached to some specific parts of the back. It is believed that certain diseases (such as rhinitis, bronchitis, pharyngitis, asthma, etc.) can be treated to prevent winter attacks. For different diseases, four tablets are generally required.Stick together in different positions on the back and keep it for eight hours.
4, the beach is too hot. Shenzhen people spend a hot summer day at the beach.
Sun protection is very important in summer, not only for women who are afraid of tanning, but also for men who have been exposed to the sun for a long time. Especially when going to the beach or water park, they need to use sunscreen and apply sunscreen from time to time.
5, sun-cured ginger Fu Jiang from China’s Shanxi, Henan and other places, people will slice or juice the ginger and stir with brown sugar, put in a container and gauze, and dry in the sun.
After full integration, it has a wonderful effect on the old cold stomach, cold and cough, and has the effect of warm health care.
6. Drinking the summer sheep “Drinking the summer sheep” is a popular summer custom in the Yimeng Mountain area and the southwestern Shandong area in the old revolutionary area of Luzhongnan.
Among them, Shandong Shanxian Yangtang is the most famous.
Fushu’s sheep soup is beautiful and nutritious. It has the good effect of strengthening the glands and replenishing the kidney and warming the kidney. It has become a nourishing and delicious flavor on the dinner table of people during the slack season.
7, eat noodles Great summer, Linyi urban and rural areas have a great summer “drinking summer sheep” (that is, drinking mutton soup) or eating traditional noodles.
On this day, the prostitute and the married son who are married to each household must return to their parents’ homes, kill a sheep, and make a pot of cold noodles. The whole family will enjoy the Yangtang soup, eat noodles, and have a hot summer.
8. Eating pineapples During the summer, Taiwan has the custom of eating pineapples. The folks think that the pineapples in this season are the best.
In addition, the Cantonese pronunciation of pineapple is the same as that of “Wang Lai”, so it is also used as a symbol of praying for peace and prosperity and business prosperity.
9. Eat “half-year round” In addition, before and after the summer, the lunar calendar is on the 15th of the lunar calendar, and Taiwan is also called the “half-year festival.” Since the lunar calendar is on the fifteenth of the year, it is half of the year, so after the worship of the gods on this day, the whole family willEat “half-year round” together. The half-year round is made from glutinous rice and then mixed with red noodles. Most of them will be cooked into sweets for tasting. The symbolic meaning is reunion and sweetness.
10. Sending “Great Summer Boat” Sending “Great Summer Boat” is a traditional folk custom in the coastal areas of Zhejiang, especially in many fishing villages in Taizhou. The significance is to send the “Five St.” to the sea and send the summer to protect the people.
When you send the “Great Summer Boat”, you will be accompanied by a variety of folk art performances.
11, sent to the gods Three summer days, red sun, is also the outbreak of plague disease.
In the past, people were going to hold ritual prayer activities on the river boat, and the boat was drawn far and far away to show away the gods.
12, eat lychee, heat, according to the custom of Putian, every household must eat lychee, called “too big heat.”
Folklore, the summer heat, eats lychee, the nutritional value is as high as eating ginseng.
Lychee contains glucose and a variety of vitamins, which are nutritious, so eating fresh lychee can nourish the body.
Immerse the fresh lychee in the cold well water and take it out when the heat is over.
At this moment, eating lychee is the most pleasant and nourishing.
13, fried grass tofu The summer heat is coming, Wenzhou people have the custom of fried grass tofu.
Grass tofu refers to the use of Chinese herbal medicines such as grass, licorice, Prunella vulgaris and chrysanthemum, honeysuckle and other Chinese herbal medicines to make tofu shape, can be eaten after cooling, cool and detoxification, and thirst.
In the past, many families were able to make their own food.
14. Eating rice grains Fujian Putian people have the custom of eating lychee, lamb and rice grains during the summer heat season, which is called “too great heat”.
The rice is mixed with rice and white rice to make it fermented and cooked into a mess; on the day of the heat, divide it into pieces and add some brown sugar to cook.It is said that it can be “great to make up the vitality.”
On the day of the arrival of the great heat, friends and relatives often used lychee and lamb as gifts for each other.
15. Eat Tongzi Chicken Xiangzhong and Xiangbei have a traditional tonic method, which is to eat broiler chicken.
Boy broiler is a small cock that does not scream, or has a weight of one to six pounds in three months and has never been bred.
The reason why the broiler chicken is selected is because the broiler chicken contains certain growth hormone, which has a good beneficial effect on the children in the growth stage and the middle-aged and elderly people whose hormone levels are declining. Even young people, the physical weakness is not bad.Give it a try.